Welcome To The Future of Drum Charts.com Where We Provide Drum Charts and Transcriptions of the Highest Professional Quality for Artists, Musical Projects and Drummers. Find out how they can improve your musical project and make things easier.
Get in touch for a free quote!
Purchase drum charts/transcriptions I already have in my library for cheap!
You pick the ones you want.
$2 per chart $20/15 charts $30/25 charts $50/50 charts
Or $90 for the whole list. Tax may or may not need to be added to your order depending on details.
Popular (also listed again in other sections)
Aja Drum Solo Sections and Partial Outro Vamp Drum Transcription (Aja)
Hot For Teacher Drum Transcription (Van Halen)
Money For Nothin’ Drum Intro Drum Transcription (Dire Straits)
Walking on the Moon Drum Transcription (The Police)
Seven Days Drum Transcription (Sting)
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough Drum Transcription (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell)
24 Hours at a Time (Marshall Tucker Band
500 Miles (The Proclaimers)
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell)
Alive (Adelitas Way)
Alright Now (Free)
Bad Time (The Jayhawks)
B Movie Box Car Blues (The Blues Brothers)
Before He Cheats (Carrie Underwood)
Carousel (Buck Cherry)
Closer To You (Adelitas Way)
Come Out and Play (The Offspring)
Coming Home (Cinderella)
Copperhead Road Drum Chart (Steve Earle)
Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley)
County Fair (Chris Ledoux)
Cracklin Rosie (Neil Diamond)
Crazy On You (Heart)
Driving My Life Away (Eddie Rabbit)
Electric Avenue (Eddy Grant)
Everything Falls Apart (Dog’s Eye View)
Fantastic Dreamer (A TV Show Theme)
Fast As You (Dwight Yoakam)
Feel It Again (Honeymoon Suite)
Flip, Flop and Fly (The Blues Brothers)
Gimme Your Good Lovin’ (Diving For Pearls)
Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
Give Me All Your Loving (ZZ Top)
Guitars, Caddilacs (Dwight Yoakam)
Hard To Handle (The Black Crowes)
Hey Bartender (The Blues Brothers)
High Enough (Damn Yankees)
Hot Blooded Drum Chart (Foreigner)
Hot For Teacher (Van Halen)
I Ain’t Got Nothin But The Blues (Robben Ford)
I Don’t Know (The Blues Brothers)
If You Only Knew (Shinedown)
I Got Everything I Need (Almost) (The Blues Brothers)
I’m A Believer Drum Chart (Smash Mouth)
I’m So Excited (1982 Version) (The Pointer Sisters)
In My Life (The Beatles)
It Doesn’t Matter (Killer Dwarfs)
I Want To Hold Your Hand (The Beatles)
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
Joey (Concrete Blond)
Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)
Jump (Van Halen)
Kathleen (Catfish and The Bottlemen)
Killin’ Time (Clint Black)
King of Pain (The Police)
La Grange (ZZ Top)
Ladies Night Kool & The Gang)
Lady Marmalade (Labelle)
Lager and Ale Drum Chart (Kim Mitchell)
Lay It Down (RATT)
Lido Shuffle Drum Transcription (Boz Scaggs)
Like The Way I Do (Melissa Etheridge)
Listen To Your Heart (Roxette)
Locomotive Breath (Jethro Tull)
Love Ain’t No Stranger (Whitesnake)
Magic Man (Heart)
Never Tear Us Apart (INXS)
Ohio (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
Real Good Man (Tim McGraw)
Round and Round (RATT)
Run To You (Bryan Adams)
Say Goobye (Rev Theory)
Seven Days (Sting)
Shake Me (Cinderella)
She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult)
Shotgun Blues (The Blues Brothers)
Simply The Best (Tina Turner)
So Lonely (Sting)
Stereo Love (Edward Maya)
Still Got This Thing (Alannah Myles)
Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits)
Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
Talk To Your Daughter (Robben Ford)
The Best Is Yet To Come (Hinder)
The Deeper The Love (Whitesnake) (Updated March 13 2017)
The First Cut Is The Deepest (Acoustic Drums) (Cheryl Crow)
The First Cut Is The Deepest (Programmed Drums) (Cheryl Crow)
The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)
Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
Turn That Record (Hinder)
Walking on the Moon (The Police)
Walk Softly On This Heart of Mine (The Kentucky Headhunters)
Wanted Man (RATT)
Wave On Wave (Pat Green)
What a Man (Linda Lyndell)
What’s Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner)
When I See You Smile (Bad English)
Wild About You (Can’t Hold Out Much Longer) (Robben Ford)
With A Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)
Zombie (The Cranberries)
Learning To Fly (Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers)
Midnight Cruiser (Steely Dan)
Twist and Shout (The Beatles)
Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) (Marvin Gaye)
This Flight Tonight (Nazareth)
What’s Going On (Marvin Gaye)
Partial Drum Transcriptions (Sections of Songs)
Aja Drum Solo Sections and Partial Outro Vamp (Aja)
Money For Nothin’ Drum Intro (Dire Straits)
Shake Everything You’ve Got Drum Solo Section (From The Album Life On Planet Groove)
Partial Detailed Drum Charts (Sections of Songs)
Buddy Rich vs Animal Drum Battle From The Muppet Show (Intro and Trading 8ths Section)
Song Form Charts
I do not have a direct purchase option on my website anymore so please get in touch with me directly at this email address email@example.com. We can organize your order and agree to an e Transfer or PayPal exchange. I will then email you the charts. If you are purchasing multiple charts, I can send some charts upfront before paying if you like.
Samples of Drum Charts and Transcriptions:
Here is a list of artists I have written drum charts and transcriptions for:
- 3 months working as a cruise ship show band drummer for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- 6 months of intermittent touring of Canada and the U.S.A. as a professional backing musician
- In 7.5 years as a full time working musician I have just crossed the milestone of having performed on over 1000 gigs and recording sessions
- I have performed and recorded with original artists as well as cover bands in many styles and under all sorts of conditions (performing with rehearsal/without rehearsal, performing with charts/without charts, performing music I am familiar with/music I am not familiar with, performing with a click track/without a click track, performing with a band leader/without a band leader
- Bachelors Degree in Music (Carleton University, 2007)
- 1.5 years of study with Juno Award winning drummer and Humber College of music faculty member Paul Delong (David Clayton Thomas, Kim Mitchell)
- 2 Lessons with world class drummer and Head of Percussion Studies at Humber College Mark Kelso (Gino Vannelli, James Taylor, Michael Buble)
- 4 years of lessons with world class drum set instructor Chuck R. Burrows
- 1 Lesson with world class jazz drummer Ian Froman (Mike Stern)
- 1 group master class with Randy Cooke (Kelly Clarkson, Ringo Starr)
- I have attended many educational drum clinics provided by world class musicians
- Approximately 8 years of piano lessons
I am available to write professional drum charts and transcriptions for musical artists, musical projects and drummers in any musical style. All I require is a recording of the appropriate version of the musical pieces and a list of any instructions the artist/project manager may have. All of the drum charts can be written in a way which utilizes the same road map style used in any charts that an artist may already have written for other instruments so that section markings will be compatible. I can even coordinate efforts with another arranger who is involved in a project who is writing charts for other instruments.
The charts can be as detailed or as basic as an artist needs them to be. They can be:
A) basic form charts showing the structure of the song
B) moderately detailed charts that include basic suggested grooves/fills/rhythmic punctuations/stops
C) full note for note/bar by bar transcriptions of the drum parts at 90 to 99% accuracy, or they can fall somewhere in between these three methods depending on what is needed.
D) I can even do a form chart for a song in text format for very cheap (i.e. Chorus 8 Bars, Verse 8 Bars etc..).
The charts can be edited and updated to reflect changes in the music as a project evolves over time.
One stipulation for transcriptions is that I will differentiate between different types of cymbals (i.e. crash, splash or china etc..), but I won’t necessarily indicate and differentiate between more then one of the same type of cymbal (i.e. if there are 2 different splash cymbals used I may not differentiate between them). I will fairly accurately differentiate between multiple toms but in some cases it may be difficult to get this 100% accurate. I aim for 90 to 99% accuracy for transcriptions.
The drum charts and transcriptions are provided by email in PDF form but can be provided in other file formats as well.
My chart writing style and method follows standard music notation practices. It is professionally tested on a very regular basis (I am always writing charts for myself which I use on over 120 professional performances and recording sessions per year at festivals, weddings, corporate events, restaurants and recording studios). I am also available to work as a copyist (to create electronic notation versions of already existing charts) and to work as an editor (to clean up drum set notation and make existing charts more clear).
Artists (original, cover and tribute) may require drum charts for a number of reasons:
- Artists who work with numerous backing bands/house bands while on tour may require charts to help make the performance of their music more consistent from concert to concert/city to city.
- People who are putting together musically/organizationally complex music projects such as big bands, musical theater orchestra pit bands, wedding/corporate bands, jazz fusion groups, progressive rock bands, large world music ensembles (as well as many other types of projects) may benefit musically and logistically from having professional drum charts written for their projects to help reduce rehearsal time and make it easier for fill in musicians to work with the group when needed.
- Artists who are publishing the sheet music for their compositions, putting together a music education book (method book) or having a portion of their music notated for publication in a magazine article will obviously benefit from having professional drum charts written.
- Composers who would like a professional drum set players take on how best to notate the drum set parts in their pieces may benefit from having a professional drum set player notate (without changing the part musically) the already composed parts, or from having a professional drummer re notate the already composed/notated parts (again without changing the part musically) in order to make the parts as clear and as easy to read as possible for the musicians.
- Artists entering the recording studio with a session drummer may want to have basic structure charts available in order to make the process smoother and to save studio time.
- Producers who are organizing show case events in which many artists will be performing 1 or 2 songs each (live or in studio) with the same backing band, will benefit greatly from having professional drum charts written (perhaps in conjunction with the charts made for other instruments) as this will save rehearsal time and help the music to be performed to the satisfaction of each artist.
- Artists that work with (or anticipate needing to work with) numerous fill in musicians on a regular basis (especially if on short notice) will benefit from having drum charts for their music as well.
This service is called “The Future of Drum Charts” because my love of music and my experience as a full time professional freelance drummer has taught me that drum charts are valuable on a professional and artistic level and that they will likely become more commonly and effectively used in the future. Many of the drum charts and transcriptions I have come across in my professional experience have been unclear, misleading, have contained incorrect notation/technical errors and have actually gotten in the way of the music because of these problems. A proper drum chart should have the opposite of these characteristics and should not get in the way of the music. It is for these reasons that I have dedicated myself to trying to produce the highest quality professional drum charts and transcriptions in the world in order to promote a better artistic/professional environment for drummers and all musicians in the future.
For more info, to find out if drum charts could benefit your musical project, or for a free estimate for your project, feel free to contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org